Monday, August 21, 2017

I CAN HEAR YOUR HEART / Love Is Ever Ready

This is the 1st of 6 devotions with the theme from 1 Corinthians 13:7
“Love Believes All Things”
“Love Is Ever Ready To Believe The Best Of Everyone”



I CAN HEAR YOUR HEART
by 
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:7)

“Love is ever ready to believe the best of every person.”

Challenges and disappointments arise every single day concerning people we love. Even those we are closest to can offend and upset us. Every day a circumstance can arise to give us reason to doubt God, to doubt each other and to distrust the value of our closest relationships. If we look at these storms in the natural, we will be as unstable as a ship caught in a hurricane at sea. Just as it would be hopeless for the ship, our lives would feel hopeless if we responded only by what we see or feel.

We tend to judge people by what we see and what we hear them say and draw conclusions based on the natural eye. God looks at the heart. God listens to what the heart is saying and works in a person’s life to draw out what is not seen with the natural eye. As Christians we learn to do the same. When we view others with the eyes of faith, we can hear their heart. When we hear a cry from the heart, it is easy to respond in love. God is listening for heart cries and he wants to use us to hear and respond for him. Whatever a person is saying, whether it be disagreeable or offensive, listen for the cry of their heart. You will respond in love every time.

Father, the next time I face a challenge with a loved one, before I respond, help me to look inside my own heart and look again with the eyes of faith. Help me not to draw conclusions on what I see but listen to what their heart is saying.

“My child, my heart’s cry is that you would learn to believe the best of every person. If you will look past what you see and listen to my heart, you can endure everything without weakening.”

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley



LOVE IS EVER READY
Devotion: I Can Hear Your Heart
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:7)
Verse
Somebody said you can’t trust anybody,
They’ll always do you wrong
Somebody said I’ve been hurt
And they’ll go on and on
Chorus
But love believes all things;
Love is ever ready,
Love is ever ready to believe the best of everyone
Bridge
Mentalities of unbelief they have to go in Jesus name
Mentalities of doubt and fear
I have to say to them I’m unafraid, I’m not afraid

© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment