Friday, May 26, 2017

WHAT ABOUT ME? / It'sAllAboutHim It'sAllAboutThem


This is the 5th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Does Not Insist On It’s Own Way”



WHAT ABOUT ME?
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from James 1:19; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
“What about me? What about me? What about me?” Those words make me think of Joyce Myer doing her robot routine. Her message is very true. The world does not revolve around me. And the world does not revolve around you. And the world does not revolve around our children. It is not all about me. We mention this quite a bit at our house. I was not put on this earth to be catered to or to be served. I was not born to have everything my way. I was born to be a blessing. I was put on this earth to serve others, not for others to serve me. I was born to show God's love to others by my words and my works. I was born to worship God. God created me to have a relationship with him. When I answer a question in respectful words and tones, I am showing respect for the person who asked the question, and thus I am worshiping God.  

When I quickly do what I am asked to do, without arguing and without hesitation, I am showing respect to the person who gave the instructions, thus worshiping God. If I am told 'no' when I am anticipating a 'yes', I am showing God I can be corrected by receiving the no with no questions asked. Who do you think is pleased when I react with disrespect and rudeness and arguing? It is the enemy of my soul that is pleased.


Father, it is You that I want to please and no one else. I am not a people pleaser. I am a God pleaser. And when I please you, people are blessed and lives are affected. Father, I will worship you today by putting others before me.©  LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved





IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM / IT’S ALL ABOUT THEM
Devotion: What About Me?
(Adapted from Matthew 10:24-25; 20:28; Mark 9:33; 12:30-31;
James 1:19; Ephesians 6:10; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse
I heard the master say, “I did not come to be served,
But I came to serve and to give my life a ransom for all
I heard the master say, “The servant is not above his master,
He who would be a master should be a servant of all, a servant of all
Chorus
It’s not about me / It’s all about Him
It’s not about me / It’s all about them
I’m lovin’ the Lord / lovin’ my neighbor as myself
It’s not about me / It’s all about Him
It’s not about me, no, no, It’s all about them
Bridge 1
If I can just get my mind off myself
And get my mind upon the Lord
I will be strong in Him and in the power of His might
For His promises are sure
Bridge 1
If I can just get my mind off myself
And get my mind on someone else
It’s really amazing how small my problems can seem
When I find someone else to help
©  LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment