Tuesday, May 23, 2017

THE FIVE I'S OF DISRESPECT / Love One Another


This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Does Not Insist On It’s Own Way”


THE FIVE I'S OF DISRESPECT
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Proverbs 18:13; James 1:19; 
Romans 12:10; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

We have founded a new school at our house. It’s not a home school. It is Honor School. We have a family meeting once a week and we listen, talk and pray about something that seems to be a lost art in the beginning of this 21st Century. We are learning about giving and receiving respect and honor in our daily lives. We have learned that there are five I's of disrespect and every one of us has committed them all! In our Honor School, we hold each other accountable. The five I's of disrespect are as follows:
Insults are offensive or rude words. They may be words with a slur or smear of unintegrity or just something negative spoken against someone. Negative humor at someone else’s expense is insulting. Insults are in the category of verbal abuse and can be committed unintentionally or in fun. But it does not change their effect. Insulting words open doors for demons to come in and take part in what is being said and they linger long after the words have been spoken.
Interrupting is when you talk while someone else is talking and interrupt them. When you do this, you are saying to the person talking, "I am not interested in what you are saying so you just need to be quiet and listen to me."
Intruding is pushing yourself into a conversation or infringing on someone else's personal space. If a person has not addressed you, then you are not included in the conversation. This would include answering for someone. If a question is not addressed to you, you should not answer.
Ignoring is disregarding and paying no attention to someone that is speaking to you. It's the same thing as if you close your eyes and turn around from the person talking to you. This includes not doing something that you have been asked to do. When you say, "I forgot" or "I didn't hear you," you are really saying, "I don't care about what you said, and I choose to ignore you."
Insistence is insisting on your own way.
Father, I want deliverance from every one of these five I’s of disrespect. I do not want to be associated with either of them. I gladly enlist in your Honor School and I want to make the Master’s List!

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReserved






LOVE ONE ANOTHER

(Adapted from Proverbs 18:13; James 1:19; 
Romans 12:10; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse:
Love one another with brotherly affection
Love one another with a fond and tender feelings
Love one another as members of one family
Love one another in all humility
I consider everyone more important than me
In all humility, consider everyone more important than me
Chorus:
Giving honor to my brother
Giving honor to my sister
Giving honor in all humility
Consider everyone more important than me
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment