Thursday, February 9, 2017

WALK OUT PEACE / Follow Peace


This is the 3rd of 5 devotions with the theme of
“The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace”

WALK OUT PEACE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Romans 12:18; John 14:27; Hebrews 12:14; Galatians 5:22)

Walking in love every day involves walking out peace.Sometimes our love walk may not appear to be very rewarding and we have to make sure we are following peace. We have known people whom we thought to be very godly and spiritual, but when they were faced with the choice to forgive, they refused. They also would not graciously accept an apology.

When we ask for forgiveness and we are not forgiven by the other person or when we apologize and our apology is not accepted, we must realize that we have done our part. The Word says to do all that we can as far as it depends on us. The unwillingness to forgive is not our responsibility. It is our responsibility to ask for forgiveness and apologize. If we are not careful, after asking someone to forgive us and they do not, we risk becoming unforgiving of their un-forgiveness. So now we have to forgive them for their un-forgiveness and drop the whole thing. Leave it with them and God. Paul wrote

If possible, as far as it depends on you,
live at peace with everyone.

Father, my love walk today involves following peace with everyone. When I am confronted with unforgiveness on someone else’s part, I will seek a peaceful solution. I will be quick to apologize in order to help a person trapped in unforgiveness to apologize. I will humble myself to demonstrate humility to bring about peace. But Lord, if my efforts are not received, I will let it go. I will forgive again and I will live in peace. Thank you for the grace on my life to live in peace with everyone.


© LoveWalkPublishing Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley


FOLLOW PEACE
Devotion: Walking Out Peace
(Adapted from Romans 12:18; John 14:27; Hebrews 12:14)
Verse
As far as it depends on you live at peace with everyone
My peace I leave with you, live at peace with everyone
Chorus
Follow peace with all men, without holiness
No man will see the Lord, live at peace with everyone

© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment