Friday, February 10, 2017

THE GRACE OF DIGNITY / A Peaceful and Quiet Life


This is the forth of five devotions and music videos

with the theme from Galatians 5:22
The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace


THE GRACE OF DIGNITY
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Timothy 2: 1-4; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

I read recently about a woman who met George W. Bush, III in 2002 when he was President. She was invited to the White House to attend a conference and she had the pleasure of speaking briefly to the President and the First Lady about their faith in God. She said that his words were spoken with great power and authority and he held himself with dignity and honor. When the then-president gave an order, those under his command carried out his wishes without hesitation. Although George W. Bush, III was and still is a dignified and honorable man, the place he held as the Commander in Chief of the United States of America, the highest authority in our land, placed him in a position to be honored and esteemed. Not only did he deserve our respect as a man of faith but the office he occupied for eight years esteemed him the highest of respect and honor from all over the world.

This woman who met the President found it easy to give a good report and testimony of her encounter with this prestigious man and his wife. It seems that we don’t hear such testimonies today about our President. Everywhere I turn, I hear negative, degrading and detrimental reports and remarks about a man who occupies the same honorable position as President Bush once held.

No matter what our opinion is of either man; no matter our view of how the highest office of the land is being occupied; and no matter our estimation of either man’s character, we have to esteem the Word of God as our final authority. Paul, speaking to Timothy, gave him instruction about treating those in authority with respect and we are given the same instructions 2,000 years later.

“I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and thanksgivings be made for all people,
for kings and all who are in high positions,
that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life,
godly and dignified in every way.
This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all people to be saved
and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

Father, forgive me for critical words spoken about leaders of my country, my state and my community. Forgive me for judging leaders according to my estimation of their abilities and accomplishments. I have decided that when I speak and give my opinion of anyone in authority over me, that I will filter my words through the instructions of Paul that he gave to Timothy and to me.
© LoveWalkPublishing
RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReserved









A PEACEFUL AND QUIET LIFE

Verse
I urge you that supplications,
Prayers and intercessions
Be made for all people
And for those in high positions of authority
Chorus:
That we may lead a quiet and peaceful life,
Godly and dignified in every way.
This is good and pleasing in God’s sight.
And this will draw all men
To the knowledge of the truth to be saved.
Bridge
Don't be undignified or rude.
Lead a peaceful and quiet life,
Godly and dignified in every way
Don't be rude or uncouth
© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved




No comments:

Post a Comment