Thursday, December 21, 2017

MARY / Mary

This is the first of 4 recitations by Rebecca
And 4 songs by Kent
that focus on the birth of Jesus.
We entitle this 4 part series
"The First Steps Of The Messiah"
This week we are featuring the first of this 4 part series
the story of Mary


“Oh favored one endued with grace!
The Lord is with you!
You are blessed and favored of God
before all other women!”
Mary sat up in bed and looked right into the eyes of an angel! “Oh Lord help me! What must this mean? What is the meaning of this salutation?!”
“Do not be afraid, Mary!
You have found grace and absolute favor with God!
And listen, Mary, you will become pregnant and give birth to a Son.
You will call His name Jesus.
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High!
The Lord God will give to Him the throne of His forefather David.
He will reign over the house of Jacob throughout the ages.
There will be no end to His reign!”
“How can this happen? I have no husband and I am a virgin.”
“O, Mary, the Holy Spirit will come upon you!
And the power of the Most High will overshadow you!
The baby which shall be born of you will be called the Son of God!
And listen Mary, Elizabeth, in her old age, has conceived a son!
Her womb was barren but she is now in her sixth month!
With God all things are possible!”
“Behold, I am the handmaiden of the Lord. Be it unto me according to your words.”
When the angel left, Mary sat overwhelmed. After gathering her thoughts, do you think she may have worshiped her Father?
“My Lord and my God!
You are the God of my fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
You are the God of all creation!
My soul magnifies You!
My eyes are set upon You!
Your name is like perfume poured out!
How beautiful is Your love!
My fingers drip with myrrh as You leave my presence!


A seal has been set upon my heart, a very flame from Your Presence!
Many waters cannot quench this flame!
There is not a flood that can put out this fire!
I am Your handmaiden!
I celebrate Your Presence on me!”
Mary was the most favored woman on the face of the earth. She was chosen above all women to be the mother of the Savior of the world. Was Mary chosen because she kept a list of rules to the letter? Was she chosen because she was kind and gentle? Was she chosen because she was a virgin? These qualities alone would not have brought Mary the preference of such a highly favored position with God. She was all of these things. But Mary was set apart because she had a deep and passionate love for her God. She walked in close and secure companion with her Heavenly Father daily. This love walk and passion for her God under girded her righteousness and brought the highest of favor from heaven.
Father, I want to be celebrated in heaven like Mary was. I want to be highly favored because of my love for You and my love for others. I choose to walk in love. Righteousness alone is not enough to secure Your favor. I will seek Your Presence as I walk it out in love today.
All Right Reserved





MARY
(Adapted from Luke 1:26- 38; Excerpts from Solomon)
Verse 1:
Hail favored one, endued with grace
The Lord is with you; The Lord is with you
Hail O favored one, endued with grace
The Lord is with you; The Lord is with you
Chorus:
Blessed, favored of God are you Repeat 3 times
Verse 2:
Do not be afraid Mary for you have found grace
Absolute favor with God
Verse 3:
Listen Mary, you will be with child
Of the Holy Ghost; Of the Holy Ghost
And you shall call His name Jesus Repeat 2 times
For He will save His people from their sins
© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
All Right Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment