Sunday, August 13, 2017

LOVE COVERS / Carry On

This is the 1st of 6 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:7
"Love Bares Up Under Everything And Anything That Comes”




LOVE COVERS
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:7; Galatians 5:22 2 Timothy 2:3; Matthew 13:45)

"Did you see what she did? Did you hear what he said?! She is not going to get away with that! He deserved everything that he got! He is reaping what he sowed. How could she be so blind? How could he do that to me?" How many times have I used these sentences? Is it possible to intertwine unconditional love in between these words?

Love says, "I bear up under anything and everything that comes. I endure suffering. I put up with someone who is unpleasant. I carry through to the end, despite any hardships. I suffer patiently without yielding. I cover sin."

Lord, I want to walk in love. I want to do what Love says to do. Holy Spirit, train me to use my words to cover and not to condemn.

Child, look at the way I made a pearl oyster and imitate her. A hurtful particle may intrude the oyster's shell and try to settle down and live inside of her. The foreign particle hurts and grieves the oyster. But because it cannot eject it, it covers it with a precious substance extracted out of its own life. This process turns the intruder into a pearl. Something that is meant for harm is covered and changed into a beautiful thing. Only love can accomplish the pearl of great price in you. My kingdom is like a man who is a dealer in search of fine and precious pearls. One single pearl is worth selling all that he has to buy it. Would you be willing to create some pearls of patience, gentleness and forgiveness by covering sin? You can turn a curse into a blessing with the covering of patience. Let the injury be inflicted and forgive it. Be silent and do not allow words to provoke you. You can cover evil with faith. Believe that I love the person inflicting harm and look to me for strength to show them love. You can cover evil with hope. Rest in the expectation that love will win. Know that gentleness is stronger than malice and that it will win. You can cover evil with perseverance. You will win the battle with steadfast non-resistance.

©LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley




Carry On
(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:7; Matthew 16:24; 2 Timothy 2:3)
Verse:
Unless you take up your cross and follow me
You cannot be my disciples
I bore all their sin; I loved every one of them
Come and follow me and love every man
Chorus:
Carry on under everything and everyone
Carry on no matter what may come
Love bears up under anything, under everything
So carry on, carry on
©LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusicbyKentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment