Monday, July 24, 2017

A Sinner In Need Of A Savior / Directions



This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme
"Salvation"


A SINNER IN NEED OF A SAVIOR

by
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from John 3:16; Hebrew 4:15; Ephesians 2:9; Romans 10:9)

What did God have to do to redeem us? First of all, God had to love the world to such a great extent that He would give His only begotten son to be conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin and to be offered as a blood sacrifice for the sins of the world. What did Jesus have to do to redeem us? He had to walk on this earth as a man, be tempted in every manner as a man is tempted yet never yield to temptation that He may be the sinless spotless lamb of God to be offered as a sacrifice to redeem us. To buy us back.
Although the Father fulfilled His responsibility and the son fulfilled His responsibility to redeem us, we have a responsibility. We are not saved by works lest any man should boast but we are saved by grace through faith. Grace is what God has done to redeem us. Faith is receiving redemption by believing in our hearts and confessing with our mouths that God has raised Jesus from the dead, humbling ourselves, confessing our sins. This is how we are saved and redeemed by His blood.
Father, I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that you raised up your son Jesus from the dead. I know that I am a sinner in need of a savior. I confess my sins to you. I receive Your son Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour.

DIRECTIONS
Devotion: A Sinner In Need Of A Savior
(Adapted from Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:9; Matthew 7:14)
Verse 1
I stopped to ask directions
On the side of the road
Just where to find forgiveness
From a sin stricken soul
It was an old preacher,
He had an old black book
I opened it up and read as I looked
Chorus
A heart of repentance, a bended knee
A mouth that confesses
He is risen believes
You’ll never find it by any good deeds
These words will lead you
To forgiveness so free
These are directions to Calvary’s tree
Verse 2
I’ll always remember the day when I prayed
When I started traveling
The strait and narrow way
When I get to heavens portals
This will be the song I sing
Amazing grace how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me.
©LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment