Monday, May 29, 2017

THE MASTER’S LIST / My Way or the Highway


This is the 7th of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Does Not Insist On It's Own Way”


THE MASTER’S LIST
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Proverbs 18:13; James 1:19;1 Corinthians 13:5)

Rebellion can show its ugly head in many different facets in our lives. It can be very subtle and undergirded or it can be ‘in your face’ defiance. At either extreme, rebellion is an act or attitude against authority. When you do the opposite of what you are asked to do, it is rebellion. When you don’t do something you are asked to do, it is rebellion. When you argue and insist on your own way, it is rebellion. The Bible says that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. That means the devil is very involved in it.

As an Honor School student, seeking to make the Master’s List, it is our assignment to stand against the enemy's ploys and expose and remove rebellion from our own hearts and the hearts of our children.
Father, I look inside and examine my own heart and I rid myself of any and all rebellion. With this old hymn, I pray,

Let Thy goodness, 
like a fetter bind my wand'ring heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it; 
prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
seal it for Thy courts above.

Father, I give you permission to expose rebellion in my heart and to make me repel it far from me. I do not want rebellion hidden in the crevices of my heart and left to grow in my personality. Thank you for teaching and training me to recognize rebellion first in me and remove it.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReserved





MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
Devotion: The Masters List
(Adapted from Proverbs 18:13; James 1:19; John 13:34; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse 1:
Should I say, 
“Lord here’s my list, would You come and bless it?
Or should I pray, “Not my will but Yours;
I will go where ever You send me?
Chorus 1:
It’s my way or the highway
That’s not love, that’s not love
It’s God’s way, not my way
That is when I begin to Love the Lord
That is when I love the Lord
With all my heart and mind and strength
Verse 2:
Should I say to my friends,
“You’ve got to do it my way?”
Or should I ask,
“Got any ideas that you’d like to send me?”
Chorus 2:
It’s my way or the highway
That’s not love, that’s not love
How about you, what would you like to do?
That is when I begin to love my neighbor
That is when I begin to love them even as myself
Bridge:
I won’t insist on my own way,
Not with the Lord, not with my neighbor
But I will yield to the Lord today,
“Lord have Your way and let others have their say
I’ll let others have their say
© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley





No comments:

Post a Comment