Wednesday, April 5, 2017

FAITHFUL OVER THE SECULAR / On The Job

This is the fourth of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness"




FAITHFUL OVER THE SECULAR
by
Kent Cooley


(Adapted from Matthew 5:16; Galatians 5:22; Luke 12:42, 16:10-12, 19:17)

One of our LoveWalkCovenantPartners gave us permission to share the following  email exchange with you.  Of course, I will not disclose the identity of our dear partner.    

From our partner:
I really wish my entire career revolved around working for the Lord.  What a better job than being surrounded by the work of the Lord!  I want to work and serve others.  I feel that is my calling.  Things run through my mind like, opportunities to work for those less fortunate then myself, to serve in soup kitchens, those that are ill and lonely, in prisons spreading the Word of God.  I pray that the Lord has this in His future plans for me.  I do not fit in here at work and find myself praying so very hard for patience and understanding for those who either do not believe in God or do not think twice about Him.  I need to be surrounded by people who love the Lord as much as I do, you do and all those people, family, friends that do also. 
Please pray for me that the Lord has this in His will for me to be a true disciple of Jesus by caring and working in His ministry and spreading the true Word of His great love for us all!

Our Reply:
Remember that, when life happens to you, this is your opportunity to walk in love.  It does not matter what people do to you  or what they say about you.  It does matter how you live your life before God in the midst of it all.  While you have that job, you have an opportunity to engage a powerful kingdom principle "If you are faithful over the secular God will give you ministry.  When the apostles received their calling, they were fishing.  When Elisha was called, he was plowing.  When Gideon was called, he was threshing out the wheat.  Scripture says that "if you are faithful over earthly mammon, God will give you true riches.  So your job is not a burden keeping you from doing ministry, It is the very key that unlocks the door of opportunity for ministry.  While you are there remember that Jesus said "Let your light so shine so that they may see your good works and glorify the father."
 Kent And Rebecca

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Kent CliffordCooley




Click here to view today's music video on youtube


ON THE JOB
Devotion: Faithful Over The Secular
(Adapted from Galatians 5:22; Luke 12:42, 16:10-12, 19:17)
Verse 1
A long time ago, I heard the call, 
“God’s looking for some people who are available,
I filled out my application, “Lord please send me”, 
Knowing it was required to go where He sends me
Chorus
I’m on the job, working for Jesus, on the job, working for my Lord, on the job, bring forth the fruit of the Spirit
Doing what I can for the kingdom of God, may you always find me on the job
Bridge
Everything I do and I say, every song I sing, every prayer I pray, I do it all unto my Lord,
For I really know who I am working for



© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley Devotion by Kent CliffordCooley



No comments:

Post a Comment