Friday, April 7, 2017

BLOOMING WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED / I Embrace

This is the sixth of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness"





(Adapted from 1 Kings 17:1-19; 2 Kings 2:1-9; Galatians 5:22; Luke 12:42, 16:10-12, 19:17)

How long was Elisha faithful to Elijah before Elijah’s mantle was passed to him?  Elisha was Elijah’s assistant for years.  Elijah trained Elisha as he served in his role as prophet of Israel.  The one that Elijah mentored was to be an important part of God’s strategy to bring down Israel’s idol-worshiping leaders.  Elisha, who started out his “ministry” as an assistant to a prophet of Israel, probably assisted in quite a few menial things to help Elijah.  But at the height of his ministry, he was noted as the one who brought an end to the idol worship of Baal.

Have you ever felt that your ministry or your destiny lay dormant, inactive and hidden under someone else’s vision?  Have you ever felt like you just wanted to do something for the Lord and make a difference somewhere, somehow in someone’s life?  The key to Elisha’s promotion was in his faithfulness to Elijah.  The key today is still the same – faithfulness over what is someone else’s. 

Father, I take the key of faithfulness in my hands and apply it to what you have set before me today.  Sometimes I feel like I am bursting with vision and pregnant with dreams and ideas.  But I will remain faithful over the ministry you have assigned me to and I will bloom where I stand today.  Tomorrow I will take the mantle you place on me as a promotion because I have passed the test of selflessness today.

 “If you are faithful over small things,
I will make you ruler of many things.
 If you are faithful over what is someone else’s,
 I will give you what is your own.  
faithful over money,
I will give you true riches.
 And if you are faithful over the secular,
 I will give you ministry.”
  
© LoveWalkPublishing 
Devotion authored by KentCliffordCooley




Click here to view today's music video on youtube

I EMBRACE
(Adapted from Galatians 5:22; Luke 12:42, 16:10-12, 19:17)
Verse 1
I embrace where I am and I bloom where I am planted (Repeat)
Chorus
I love this city, I love these people.
I love You with all my heart and soul and might
(Repeat)
Bridge
If you are faithful over what is someone else’s
I will give you what is your own
(Repeat)

© LoveWalkMusic  WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 


No comments:

Post a Comment