Sunday, March 5, 2017

THE LEAST OF THESE / Red Carpet

This is the first of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Goodness / Hospitality




THE LEAST OF THESE
by 
Rebecca Cooley


(Adapted from Luke 9:48)

Have you ever invited someone into your home to stay for an extended period of time?  Have you ever included someone on a trip that was meant just for your family?  Have you ever set another place at the dinner table because of an unexpected guest?  Have you ever knelt down to the eye level of a child and listened to his question and answered it?  Have you ever sat with a teenager and listened to their story?  Have you ever sat with an elderly person and talked about their past? 

If you can answer yes to any of the above questions, you have extended the love of the Father. 

Jesus said that if we welcome even a little child on His behalf, we are welcoming Him and if we welcome Him, we welcome His Father. 

Jesus extended the ultimate agape love of the Father when He went to the cross.  The blood that was shed that day rolled out a red carpet for all mankind.  There is no greater act of love than this. 

Father, the next time an opportunity is presented to me to give of myself or to give something that is precious to me, help me to remember that your Son rolled out the red carpet for me.  I too want to roll out the red carpet of your love by extending it to others. 

"Child, whoever is least among you is the greatest.  The smallest thing done in the name of Love becomes great in My eyes."
 © LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley


Devotion:  The Least Of These
(Adapted from Luke 9:48)

Verse 1:
Hanging on the cross his blood was streaming down
For the least of these
Hanging on the cross his blood was streaming down
For you for me

Chorus
Roll out the red carpet,
Hanging on the cross between two thieves
Roll out the red carpet for you and me
And for the least of these

Verse 2:
He who receives and accepts and welcomes
The least of these
Receives and accepts and welcomes me
He who receives and accepts and welcomes me
Sees and accepts and welcomes him who sent me

© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment