Wednesday, March 8, 2017

MOTIVATED BY HOSPITALITY / Jesus Really Makes My Day

This is the forth of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Goodness / Hospitality


MOTIVATED BY HOSPITALITY
by
Kent Cooley
(Adapted from John 21:1-4)

Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing!”
They said to him, “And we are coming with you!”
So they went out and got into the boat, 
and throughout that night they caught nothing.
Morning was already breaking 
when Jesus came to the beach and stood there.

Could you imagine Jesus coming to the shore that morning and scolding the disciples?  He would be screaming out to them in the boat and scolding them for returning to secular work.  They would have hung their heads in shame and come to the shore that morning feeling defeated and hopeless.

However, that is not how Love handled the disciples.  Jesus came to the shore in a friendly way and in a friendly way he shouted to them, “Boys! Have you caught anything?”  Not only did Jesus not scold them, but he prepared breakfast for them.  When the disciples came to the shore, excited over a boatload of fish, it was then that they recognized Jesus.  They sat down to breakfast probably talking and laughing and enjoying the fellowship. 

When everyone was full and relaxed, reclining after breakfast, it was then that Jesus addressed the issue to get them back on the course of their assignment.  The first thing Jesus addresses is the love factor.  He asked if Peter loved Him.  He wanted Peter to understand that he needed to be motivated by love.

People are never motivated by scolding.  It is never positive to make someone hold their head in shame. 

Father, forgive me for scolding.  I am a motivator of people but I am not successful when I get frustrated and work through scolding.  You motivate by love and I want to do the same. 
© LoveWalkPublishing 
KentCliffordCooley 
All Rights Reserved


JESUS REALLY MAKES MY DAY
Devotion: Motivated By Hospitality
(Adapted from John 21:1-4)
Verse:
Peter, James and John fishing on the sea
All days long their nets were light, 
Their fishing lines didn’t get a bite
About that time, Jesus said, 
“Cast your nets on the other side!”
When they obeyed, Jesus really made their day
Chorus:
Jesus really makes my day, 
He answers in so many ways
When I fall, He picks me up, 
When I thirst, He fills my cup
My days aren’t always weary; 
My nights are oh so dark
For when I pray, Jesus really makes my day
Bridge:
He didn’t come to the shore to rebuke them
He called out to them in a friendly way
He said, “Boys, have you caught anything?
And they said, “No.”
Then He said, 
“Cast your nets on the right side of the boat!” (3 times)
© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment