Friday, March 10, 2017

DEVELOPING THOUGHTS OF HOSPITALITY / Welcome

This is the sixth of seven devotions and music videos 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22 
"The Fruit of the Spirit is Goodness / Hospitality


DEVELOPING THOUGHTS OF HOSPITALITY
by
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from Romans 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 13:4)

Hospitality has a lot to do with the way we process thoughts.  Do I ever look at someone and say by my actions, “You are not like me, therefore I want to attempt to change you?  I want to try to create you in my image and after my likeness.”  So I go through a selfish process that violates love and is not conducive to hospitality.  Paul addresses this violation of love in his instruction to the Romans. 

As for the man who is a weak believer,
welcome him into your fellowship,
but not to criticize his opinion or pass judgment on his scruples
 or his sense of right and wrong;
and do not perplex him or confuse him,
do not belittle him, or cause doubt in him with discussions.

Paul further brings this issue into even greater perspective:

Let not him who eats look down or despise him who abstains,
and let not him who abstains criticize 
and pass judgment on him who eats;
for God has accepted and welcomed him.
  
Holy Spirit, shine Your light on any negative or critical thoughts inside of me concerning others.  I will not attempt to create others in my image.  I will think complimentary thoughts and speak gracious words about them.  You are their master, not me. You have created them in Your image and after Your likeness, not mine.  I honor You by welcoming them with an abundance of hospitality. 

© LoveWalkPublishing KentCliffordCooley 


WELCOME
Devotion: Developing Thoughts Of Hospitality  
Verse
As for the man who is the weak believer, 
Welcome him
But not to criticize, his opinions 
Or pass judgment on his scruples, 
His sense of right and wrong
Or to perplex him, confuse him, 
Belittle him, cause doubt in him with discussions 
Chorus                                            
Welcome, Welcome to our fellowship, 
Welcome, Welcome to our fellowship
You are our friend and we welcome you
God is your master, 
He has already welcomed you

© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 

No comments:

Post a Comment