Monday, January 16, 2017

FOUNDATION OF LOVE / I Adore Thee

This is the first of five devotions and music videos
with the theme 
"Our Love For God"

FOUNDATION OF LOVE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(1 John 5:21)

The foundation of the love walk is the love command.  We are instructed to love the Lord our God with our whole heart and our whole mind.  Why would I want to place anyone or anything else in the highest place in my heart?  That place belongs to God and I have to position Him there every day.  I must choose to not allow anything to occupy the place in my heart due to God. 

There is a second part to the love command.  I am to love others.  Loving others is easy when I love God with my whole heart.  When God occupies my heart and my thoughts, love and kindness overflow to others.  There is no effort to love others.  The effort to love lies in not allowing anything to occupy the highest place for God. 

Father, I place you in the highest place in my life.  I give you my heart.  That means that I put you in my heart and my thoughts and I move out anything that is unlike you.  Loving others will come from that foundation.  I love you and I love my neighbor.  Thank you for the instruction of your word and for helping me to align my life with love’s principles. 
©LoveWalkPublishing Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley



I ADORE THEE
Devotion:  Foundation of Love
 (1 John 5:21)

Verse 1
Father You have chosen me as a vessel of praise eternally
I will ever stand in awe at the wonder of Thy glory
In Thy thrown room I worship Thee for this sacred honour You’ve given me to go beyond the vail
Oh what a privilege to pray
Chorus
I adore Thee, I adore Thee, I adore Thee
Lord I glorify Thy name
Verse 2
Falling in worship before Thee in paradise the saints adore Thee
Casting golden crowns before His majesty, the King of kings
Jesus I long to be there so my soul ascends in fervent prayer in to celestial realms
Where with the angels now I sing 

© Words and Music by MikeShreve


No comments:

Post a Comment