Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A SECRET FOLLOWER / Joseph Of Arimathea

This is the third of five devotions and music videos 
with the theme
"Our Love For God"

A SECRET FOLLOWER
by Rebecca Cooley
(Adapted from John 19:38; Isaiah 53:9)

I was a secret follower of the Messiah.  As a member of the Sanhedrin, I thought I could not afford to express my beliefs in this Man.  As soon as I heard the news of His death, I knew I must do something to show my respect and to honor Him.  I wanted to somehow relay to Him that I believed.  What could I do?  All at once I knew.  I will give Him my own tomb that I had prepared for myself!  As soon as that thought came into my mind, it is as if I could hear His voice say, “Because You have prepared a place of burial for Me, I have taken away your spiritual place of burial.  You are one of mine.”  I ran as fast as I could and asked to see Pilate.  I begged him for the body.  I think he gave me permission to take it because he didn’t know what else to do.  Now I know, it was a fulfillment of Scripture. 

He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone.  But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man’s grave.

Lord, I am not a secret follower.  I gladly choose You now!  I want to tell everyone I believe You are the Messiah, the Anointed One, the One who is and the One who is to come, the King of all eternity!

©LoveWalkPublishing 
Authored by RebeccaCooley
AllRightsReserved

Kent Clifford Cooley
JOSEPH OF ARIMATHEA

(Adapted from John 19:38; Isaiah 53:9)
Verse 1
I heard Him say, “It is finished”
I heard Him say, “Into Your hands I commit My spirit”
Then He bowed His head and gave up His spirit
Bridge
One by one everyone has gone
And here I stand alone, captivated by His life
I am overwhelmed with a desire to express what His life meant to me
Chorus
I am Joseph (repeat 2)
I am Joseph of Arimathea
Verse 2
Never a man spake like this Man
He stretched out His hand to the blind, to the deaf
He cleansed the leper
©LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic 
by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment