Monday, January 16, 2017

2 LOVES / I Had Strayed

This is the 2nd of 5 devotions with the theme 
“Our Love For God"


2 LOVES
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13;6; 2 Peter 3:9)

“The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people’s conceptions of slowness, but he is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward you, not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance.”

Some people think that God is waiting to punish us for every sin and is actually watching to zap us with wrath when we do. That is so far from the truth that it is enemy territory. God does not punish us. Sin punishes us. God wants us to turn from sin so it will not consume us and lead us to eternal punishment. He is extraordinarily patient in working with us to lead us to him.
There are two loves that bring me back to repentance every day, his love for me and my love for him. These two loves rule my heart and bring me back to Him.


Father, I love you and I love your Word. I love Your people and I love lost humanity. You loved me first and since the day I realized Your great love for me, I have never fallen out of love with You.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaCooley
All Right Reserved




I HAD STRAYED
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:6; 2 Peter 3:9)
Verse
I had strayed but my love for you
I had strayed but my love for your word
I had strayed but my love for your people
I had strayed but my love for lost humanity
Chorus
Brought me back to this place of repentance
Brought me back to you
Brought me back to this place of repentance
Your love for me and my love for you
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment