Saturday, December 10, 2016

THE BLAME GAME / Fellowship Begins


“Building Godly Character Through Love
This is 1 of 7 devotions and songs
that will eventually be produced with this same theme

(Genesis 3:11-13; Deuteronomy 30:15; 1 Peter 3; Ephesians 4:31; 1 John 1:7-9)

Have you ever blamed someone else for something that you are responsible for? Adam did and so did Eve. Adam blamed Eve, yet he was responsible to redirect her. Eve blamed the serpent, yet she listened to his lies. They didn’t take responsibility for their own actions. They practiced the blame game and the only place it got them was out of the presence of God.
Have you ever blamed an inanimate object for doing something that irritated you? The inanimate object doesn’t do anything except act as a tool to manifest what is inside. If the latch on the suitcase is not working correctly and you hit it, it becomes a test of your patience. Hitting the suitcase will develop anger into your character.

Character is developed from the Word. The Word must be the base of developing character. Without the Word, you cannot know true character. The Word tells us how to live and how to treat others. The Word gives instruction to a man on how to treat his wife. It gives a wife instruction on how to treat her husband. Children learn what they are responsible for in the Word. The Word gives parents guidelines on raising their children. Employers get instructions about how to treat an employee from the Word.
Lord, there are a lot of choices that I don’t have. I didn’t have the choice of my parents. I didn’t have the choice of the color of my skin. But I do have the choice of my character. I do have the choice of life or death and I choose life. I choose You, Lord.

Child, I put before you life and death. You can choose to love or you can choose hate. If you choose life, you will live and blessings will follow. If you choose life, you will live in my presence. Fear is the base for all sin and it is the result of choosing death. My love casts out fear and helps you to choose life.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved



FELLOWSHIP BEGINS
(1 Corinthians 13:6; 1 John 1:7-9)
Verse:
If we confess our sins, He is faithful
If we confess our sins,
He is just to forgive us
And to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
Chorus:
I’m not in denial anymore
Shine Your light on my sins
One by one I’m confessing all of them
This is where fellowship begins
Ending:
This is where my love walk begins
In fellowship with You
As I walk in the light as You are in the light
Fellowship, fellowship, fellowship, fellowship begins
© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment