Tuesday, December 12, 2017

TOUGH LOVE / Choices

This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme from 1 Corinthians 13:6

“Love Does Not Rejoice At Injustice And Unrighteousness,
Love Rejoices When Right Prevails”



TOUGH LOVE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:6; 5; 2 Corinthians 7:8-16)

It is not a pleasant topic to address the sin factor. 
This subject is highly neglected because it is not popular.
Paul calls it a difficult letter to write as he introduces us to a man in their fellowship of believers at Corinth who was sexually involved with his stepmother. Paul takes us through a process of tough love that brought this man and the fellowship of believers under conviction and eventually restored this man back to the fellowship of believers. These were the steps of tough love.

  1. Exposure of complacency and pride in the church;
  2. Removal of the sinful man from their fellowship;
  3. The purging of sin from among the people; and
  4. Disassociation with all immoral people who profess to have faith.
This process was not easy but it brought restoration to the fellowship and to the man who was confronted with sin.
Paul said it like this (I am paraphrasing):

“My letter was a difficult one to write.
However I rejoice because the results brought conviction and not condemnation.
Virtues of excellence were worked through your congregation and sin was purged.”

Make no mistake about it, God’s love is not compromising and Paul did not compromise. All of scripture bears out the same truth. God loves the sinner and He hates sin. He does not save us in our sins. He leads us out of darkness into His light. If we love people we will be willing to risk the loss of their friendship in order to lead them out of the darkness of their sins into God’s marvelous light.



Father, I will not tolerate sin in my life. Help me to do the hard stuff and address the issues of sin that you expose in my life. Lord, I know that repentance of sin are the seeds of revival. Let revival begin right here in me now. A accept the conviction that comes from Your Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit bring conviction on the fellowship of believers and revive us again.


by Rebecca Cooley



CHOICES
(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:6; Philippians 2:14-15; Matthew 6:33; Acts 16:25; Proverbs 10:22)
Verse 1: 
I find myself at a cross roads again
I can choose death or choose life
I can complain or I can be thankful
I can choose darkness or light
Chorus: 
You can have this world
                          (Oh, you can have this world)
But give me the Kingdom
                        (Give me the kingdom of God)
You can have hate
                    (Oh yes you can have hate)
But I’ll take the love
                       (love of God instead)
You can have good luck
                            (Oh you can have good luck)
But give me the blessing
                       (blessing of the Lord)
It maketh rich and adds no sorrow to it
              (rich and adds no sorrow to it, no sorrow to it)
Verse 2: 
Some may choose to profane His holy name
Some may choose to speak curses
But His name is so precious to me
And in good times and bad I will sing praises
Verse 3: 
Paul and Silas, locked up in a prison,
Had a reason than to feel annoyed
But where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty
And they began to feel a little joy.


© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment