Monday, December 11, 2017

LOVE REJOICES IN TRUTH / LoveRejoices


This is the 1st of 5 devotions with the theme taken from 1 Corinthians 13:6
“LoveDoesNotRejoice at injustice and unrighteousness”
“Love Rejoices When Right Prevails"



LOVE REJOICES IN TRUTH
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:6)

“Love does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but love rejoices in truth.”
What if Jesus sat down and read the newspaper with me this morning? Would there be anything that would interest Him? 
I pondered over the titles that drew my attention as I imagined my Savior sitting with me. Is our society geared in the direction of rejoicing over unrighteousness and sin? Jesus is Love, so I put every headline under the careful scrutiny of love. Love would not rejoice over someone’s rights being violated. Love would cry over the advertisements enticing people to sin. Love would shed tears of grief reading about God’s commandments being broken. Love would be pained over wrong motivations, giving people incentives to sin. I concluded that Love would find very little in our newspaper to rejoice over.
However, there was one article that made Love smile, ‘Widow Rebuilds Life After Shuttle Tragedy.’ The widow of Columbia mission commander Rick Husband, who died just minutes before landing several years ago, has remarried. She spoke at a memorial for her late husband, “I walked through the valley of the shadow of death but I feared no evil because God was with me. God walked us through such phenomenal grief and triumph came out of tragedy. My children and I are all standing and are proof of that.”
The Love Walk is not for the fainthearted or the weakling. The journey down this road is one of the most challenging of all. It takes the most strength to travel this road. It takes discipline, commitment and faith. It takes trusting God to come through when you don’t see Him. It takes believing in what you cannot see but knowing you are rejoicing in truth and that truth will prevail.
Lord, I want to take the path of love. I believe as I take the hand of Love and continue on this journey, every event in my life will be worth reporting on because You will be involved in the story. Thank you that truth will prevail on my journey of love.


LOVE REJOICES

(Adapted from 1 Cor. 13:6)

Love does not rejoice at injustice
Love does not rejoice at unrighteousness (repeat)
Love rejoices when right and truth prevail (repeat 3 times)
Love is not happy 
When bad things happen to people
Love is happy 
When good things happen to people
© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 
Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment