Tuesday, December 5, 2017

FORGIVE & FORGET / I Forgive


This is the 2nd of 3 devotions 
with the theme taken from 1 Corinthians 13:5
“Love Never Keeps A Record Of A Suffered Wrong”



FORGIVE AND FORGET
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5; John 13:34)

“Love is not resentful;
it takes no account of the evil done to it,
it pays no attention to a suffered wrong.”

Consider the love that Jesus himself expressed at Calvary. If there was ever a reason to be offended and a motive for resentment, Calvary was it. Jesus expressed His Father’s love as described 1 Corinthians 13:5 on the Hill of Golgotha. He displayed no resentment before, during or after the crucifixion. In fact, he prayed that His Father would forgive his abusers and not hold it against them. When those that crucified the Savior of the world stands before God on the Day of Judgment, they will each give an account for every deed done in the flesh, as every man will. However, as they stand before Almighty God on that great day, there will be no record of them having crucified the Son of God.
During His ministry on earth, Jesus gave us a new commandment and He exemplified it throughout his ministry and at his death:

“I give you a new commandment:
that you should love one another.
Just as I have loved you,
so you too should love one another.”

Jesus, I want to love like you love. I want You to express your love through me. Because of Your example, I pray this with great conviction. I forgive. I forget. I do not resent. I will not keep a record of a suffered wrong.

© LoveWalkPublishing KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved



I FORGIVE
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5; John 13:34)
Verse:
Jesus did not resent 
The one who drove the nails into His hands
Jesus did not resent 
The soldier who pierced His precious side
He cryed Father forgive them 
For they know not what they do
I can no less but to follow suit
Chorus:
I forgive / I’m not offended
I forgive / I will not resent
I forgive / I not offended
Now I live and let live, I forgive
Bridge:
Love does not keep a record 
Of a suffered wrong
Love does not keep a record 
That’s why I sing this song
I sing this song
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment