Monday, September 18, 2017

WHAT IS GOD DOING IN YOUR LIFE TODAY? / Your Hand Working In Our Lives

This is the first of three devotions and music videos 
with the Theme of 
"Purpose"



WHAT IS GOD DOING IN YOUR LIFE TODAY?
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 12:27-33)

We know two men of God that every time they see us they ask this question, “What is God doing and what is God saying to you?” When they have asked this question, my thoughts immediately became aligned with the mind of Christ. I have asked the same question to others, “What is God speaking to you? What is God doing in your life?” Whether I am asked this question or I ask it to someone, it makes me look beyond the trials and challenges of the day and recognize the hand of God in our lives. Love looks beyond the small stuff and seeks out spiritual implications when challenged with the question, “What is God saying?”

Jesus was troubled and distressed over upcoming events as the cross grew closer. He spoke to His soul and looked at His life through His Father’s eyes and may have asked Himself, 

“What is the Father doing? What is my Father saying?”

The Father always has a definite, precise plan. His plan during the stressful time in Jesus’ life just before His death was that His Son would be lifted up from the earth on a cross and would draw and attract all men throughout all the ages to Himself. Do you think it was worth working through the small stuff to reach the end of the plan that the Father had? Yes! And thank you Lord for enduring the trials and seeking out the Father’s will. What is God doing in Your life?

Lord, thank you for these two wonderful men you sent to cross our paths. Thank you for their friendship and their influence on our lives. I remember the first time I was asked this question and how my mind raced to find the right answer. Now, I ask with a genuine interest wanting to know what You are working and saying in people’s lives. I can sweat the small stuff because I know that You have an interest in my life and You are always working and moving somewhere inside of me.

© LoveWalkPublishing
RebeccaAnnCooley
All Rights Reserved




YOUR HAND WORKING IN OUR LIVES
(Adapted from John 12:31-33)
Verse 1:
I get up every morning looking for your hand
Waiting for your plan to unfold
Before the day is over we look back and say,
“That was God’s hand on our lives”
Chorus:
We see Your hand working in our lives;
We see Your plan as daily it unfolds
We’ll take a stand for what we know is right;
We see Your hand upon our lives
Verse 2:
So we humbly bow and totally submit
Our heart to You and our every way
And every time we pray Lord,
We’ll pray according to Your will
With hearts that are so thankful as we say
© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic
by
KentCliffordCooley
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment