Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A FAITHFUL SHEPHERD / Leading Us Along

This is the first of one devotions And music video 
with the theme 
"The Faithfulness Of God"
We are developing a total of seven devotions and songs
with this theme




A FAITHFUL SHEPHERD 
by
Kent And Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Psalms 23; John 10:11-18)

David was a faithful shepherd.  He took his job so seriously and valued his sheep so very much that he risked his life for them.  He went up against both a bear and a lion to protect his sheep from harm.  One day, while tending the sheep, David was thinking about the faithfulness of God.  How better to describe the faithfulness of God than to describe the Lord as his shepherd.  So he began to write . . . 

The Lord is my Shepherd
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows,
He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
Bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
For you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life.
And I will live in the house of the Lord forever. 

Father, we are the sheep of Your pasture and You are the Faithful Shepherd, watching over us.   You are Jehovah Rohi, the Lord who is my Shepherd.  You are the Good Shepherd of John 10.  You go before us and behind us.  Your love is all around us.  We know Your voice and we will follow Your lead. 

© LoveWalkPublishing 
KentAndRebeccaCooley 
All Rights Reserved



LEADING US ALONG  
(Adapted from Psalms 23; John 10:11-18)
Verse 1
He’s the good shepherd watching over the sheep 
Daily I’ll follow wherever He may lead
Upon the high mountain or through the valley low, 
He leads me beside the still water 
He restoreth  my soul
Chorus
He keeps leading me along, leading us along, 
Singing a song, singing a cheerful song
Ever I’m singing to Him I’m clinging, 
Making right my wrong
He keeps leading me along, leading us along, 
Singing a song, singing a cheerful song,
Ever I’m going, happy in knowing
He keeps leading me along, leading us along

© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment