Thursday, July 20, 2017

THE REDEEMED / A New Song





This is the 6th of 7 devotions with the theme
"Redemption"


THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD
by
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from Revelation 7:13, 14)

Then, addressing me, one of the elders said,
Who are these clothed in the long white robes?
And from where have they come?
I replied, Sir, you know. And he said to me,
These are they who have come 
out of the great tribulation,
and have washed their robes and made them white 
in the blood of the Lamb.

We are the redeemed of the Lord, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. God has bought us with His own precious blood. We are now a part of a very elite group in heaven entitled “The Redeemed.”

Thank you Father for loving us and redeeming us with the precious blood of Your Son. We rejoice in this great redemption. Jesus, You are the Lamb of God. We love You because You first loved us. We are Your redeemed.

“Oh, my Redeemed, not only do I look forward with great anticipation to hearing all my redeemed lift their voices as one to sing a new song unto me, the song of the redeemed, but I also cherish you, my Redeemed now. Lift your voices in song unto me. You are my Redeemed. I cherish the sound of your voices rejoicing in Me and in this redemption. I am rejoicing over you now and I soon shall rejoice over you with joy and joy over you with singing.”


A NEW SONG
Devotion: The Redeemed
(Adapted from Revelation 7:13, 14)
Verse 1:
I once sang a song that was lowly and blue
I once sang a song, the only song I knew
But then the Spirit came,
I praised His holy name
And He placed within my heart a song of praise
Chorus:
He has placed within my heart a song
And I will sing unto the Lord a new song
Even a song of praise unto my God, a new song
He has placed within my heart a song
And I will sing unto the Lord a new song
Even a song of praise unto my God,
A new song to my God
Verse 2:
And there shall come a time
When the Redeemed of the Lord
Shall sing a song they’ve never sung before
With their voices they’ll sing,
O how the heavens will ring,
A song the holy angels cannot sing
© LoveWalkPublishing
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment