Tuesday, June 20, 2017

NO WORRIES GOD IS IN CHARGE / This Is Your Service Lord


This is the 2nd of 7 devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Fretful, Anxious or Worrisome"


NO WORRIES GOD IS IN CHARGE
by 
Kent Cooley
(Adapted from John 5:19; Mark 4:35-41; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

After traveling with an evangelist for seven years, I held one of my first revivals at a church in a little town called Bono, SC. I set my keyboard up right next to the pulpit. Every night the pastor introduced me with these words, “This is Your Service Lord. We are Your servants.” One night after she introduced me with these words, I went to the keyboard and replied, “Let’s just sing that.” And I began to sing a chorus and bridge perfectly as if I had been working on it all day. We sang it for a good while and the Spirit moved. “This Is Your Service Lord” became the sub-title to our first “Songs of the Sanctuary” praise and worship CD. These words have been my anthem ever since and this is why. I have come to realize that God is God and I am not. He is in charge and I am not. All I have to do is wait on my instructions from my Commander in Chief and do what he tells me to do. Jesus exampled this principle perfectly. He said,

I assure you, most solemnly I tell you,
the Son is able to do nothing of His own accord;
but He is able to do only what He sees the Father doing,
for whatever the Father does is what the Son does in the same way.”

Jesus had no worries, His Father was in charge. Even when the disciples were on a ship, frantic with panic, concerned that they would perish on the sea from the storm, Jesus was asleep. Jesus demonstrated that he had no worries. He was at peace in the storm. He responded to the panic of the disciples by asking, “Where is your faith?” This response fully proves that He expects us to have the same kind of peace in the time of storm. He fully expects us to have the same authority over the storm that He had. He fully expects us to rest assured in the Fathers love and care for us. He fully expects us to have the same inner knowing that the Father is in control of the situation. No worries; God is in Charge!


© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion Authored by KentCliffordCooley






THIS IS YOUR SERVICE LORD
(Adapted from; Adapted from Psalm 1:1-3; John 5:19; Mark 4:35-41; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Chorus:
This is Your service Lord
We are Your servants and we worship You
This is Your service Lord
We are Your servants and we magnify You
We give You the praise
And we give You the reigns
This is Your service Lord
Bridge:
Establish us in Your Holy Word
Establish us in Your boundless love
Establish us in Your righteousness
This is Your service Lord
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment