Tuesday, May 2, 2017

THE LOVE WALK OF JOSEPH / Blessing In Disguise


This is the 2nd of 4 devotions 
with the theme 1 Corinthians 13:4
"Love Is Not Jealous”


THE LOVE WALK OF JOSEPH
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Genesis 45:4-8; Romans 8:28; 1 Corinthians 13:4)

The account of Joseph is probably the best description of jealousy in Scripture. It’s all there in the story. The seeds of jealousy were sown. The evil stronghold took root and the wickedness brought horrific results. In Joseph’s own words, “What the enemy meant for evil, God turned it around for good.” God’s intervention was only because of the love walk of Joseph. Joseph did not react negatively to jealousy and God used it for his glory,

“Come near to me! I am Joseph, your brother! I am the brother you sold into Egypt!” Joseph’s words revealed himself to his brothers. Joseph had always walked in love. He had gained the respect and honor of Pharaoh. Even in prison, he gained favor. He was promoted everywhere he went. The most challenging hurdle of his life was probably when his brothers came, needing his help. Could he walk in love with his own brothers who desired to destroy him?

“Do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here. God sent me ahead of you to preserve life. God sent me before you to preserve for you posterity and to continue a remnant on the earth. Your lives and many other lives have escaped a great famine.” Joseph could also have said, “Everything in my life has worked for my good because I have put my God first and walked in His ways. I have walked in love even through trials and wrong accusations. Love has been the secret ingredient that has caused pain and injustice to work for my good. Every event of my life has become a blessing in disguise because God is in control of my life.”

Lord, I want You to be a partner in my labor. I believe that all things work together and are fitting into a plan for me like Joseph. I am called according to your design and purpose. I embrace that plan with faith and pledge to continue on my destiny road walking it out in love.

Child, I will do for you as I did for Joseph. You do fit into My plan. I do have a purpose for your life. You must walk in love to complete the fullness of My plan. Join with me and embrace My love and I will make it easy and light for You. I will turn every obstacle into a blessing. Trust me through every trial. I will make it work for your good and for Mine.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion authored by RebeccaAnnCooley





A BLESSING IN DISGUISE
Devotion: Joseph
(Adapted from Genesis 45:4-8; Romans 8:28; 1 Corinthians 13:4)
Verse 1:
I wonder how Joseph felt
When he told about his dream
By his brothers he was hated;
It’s not working out it seems
Joseph just stayed faithful
And kept doing what was right
When promoted to the throne,
Joseph said, brothers in hind sight
Chorus:
A blessing in disguise,
The trials along the way
A blessing in disguise,
What you’re going through today
All things work together for the good
And that is why
Looking through the Father’s eyes,
A blessing in disguise
Verse 2:
Seems there’s never been a trial
Like the one you’re going through
You’re wondering where to go,
You’re wondering what to do
Don’t you doubt in the darkness
What He showed you in the light
Ride out your storm ‘til you say in hind sight
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley


No comments:

Post a Comment