Wednesday, May 3, 2017

LOVE DOES NOT COMPETE / God Is Love

This is the 3rd of 4 devotions 
with the theme 1 Corinthians 13:4
"Love Is Not Jealous”



LOVE DOES NOT COMPETE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 3:23-36; 1 Corinthians 13:4)


People were still coming to John to be baptized even though the Messiah was also baptizing people across the Jordan. A controversy arose between some of John’s disciples. They came to John and reported, “This Man you have been talking about is baptizing too! And everybody is flocking to Him!”


Perhaps the words, “Everybody is flocking to Him!” were emphasized by the enemy and presented as jealousy and envy and a wrong spirit of competition. It is important to respond in love when jealousy is presented to us. John recognized the enemy’s tactics and responded, bringing a correct perspective to the people.

“A man can receive nothing and he can claim nothing except what has been granted to him from heaven. I can only do what has been given to me from God. And I affirm others of the gift that God has given to them. A man must be content with the gift that has been given to him from heaven. There is no other source. The Messiah must increase and I must decrease. The Messiah must grow more prominent and I must grow less so.”

Father, I thank you for the gifts and talents you have given to me. Thank you for my DNA and my personality. Thank you for the good things that have been passed down to me from my ancestors before me. Thank you for your wonderful gifts of truth and working with me to receive them. I receive and embrace the love you extend to me. I don’t want to be someone else. I don’t want to do what someone else is doing. I don’t want someone else’s calling. I dismantle the work of jealousy in my life. I cover my thoughts with Your Word and jealousy cannot abide in my thoughts. I walk in the gift and the calling that You have placed on my life and I am content and secure in You.
© LoveWalkPublishing
Devotion Authored by RebeccaAnnCooley



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZb6MgLIVo


GOD IS LOVE
Devotion: Love Does Not Compete
(Adapted from John 3:23-36; 1 Corinthians 13:4)
Verse:
Love envies not,
Love is not jealous (repeat)
I prefer my brother rather than myself (repeat)
Chorus 1:
God is love,
He who dwells and continues in love
Dwells and continues in God
And God dwells and continues in him
Chorus 2:
God is love,
I dwell and continue in love
And I dwell and continue in God
And God dwells and continues in me,
God is love
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley


No comments:

Post a Comment