Wednesday, March 22, 2017

THE SEASONS OF OUR LIVES / It's Beginning To Feel Like Spring

This is the 2nd of four devotions with the theme
From 1 Corinthians 13:5
"Love Is Not Self Seeking”


THE SEASONS OF OUR LIVES
by
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5; 15:55; Psalms 116:15; 126:6)
Spring has always been my favorite time of the year. It is a time when new life springs forth from the earth. As the seasons unfold and spring turns to summer, and summer turns to fall, and fall changes to winter, it is a cycle created by the Almighty. Winter fades and the cycle starts all over again with the new life of spring. Because of the contrasts of the seasons, the beauty of each season is manifested in wonderful distinctions.

Then, there are the seasons of our lives. We are born and go through the seasons of our lives from birth to the grave. Growing old and eventually dying is a result of the fall. However, isn’t it just like our God to grace our lives in this grand design as a wonderful thing?

Precious in the sight of the Lord 
is the death of his saints
And
O death, where is your sting? 
O grave, where is your victory?

When a believer dies the cycle of life here ends, and a new life begins in heaven. Heaven is an eternal youth where we will never grow old.

The very last time Billy Graham spoke at the Mall of our Nation’s Capital, he pointed to the memorials and he said, “All of these great men that are memorialized here at the Nation’s Capital mall have one thing in common. They are all dead. And you are going to die too. In order for you to be prepared to die, you need Christ.” Billy Graham would always use the death factor to bring people to the rude awakening of their need for Christ.

DEATH FORCES ME INTO SELFLESSNESS! Death says someday you will be gone and you will not be able to take anything with you except souls that you have won to Christ.

Father, The reality of death reminds me that I am going to lay it all down and leave it for someone else forcing me into selflessness. Death reminds me that I need you and I must invest in others to leave a legacy behind me. Give me souls for my hire and I will come before you one day rejoicing as I present them as the only items I could bring with me, before you, into heaven.
© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by KentCliffordCooley
Edited by RebeccaAnnCooley
AllRightsReserved



IT’S BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE SPRING
(Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13:5; 15:55; Psalms 116:15; 126:6)
Chorus:
It’s beginning to feel like spring,
Beginning to feel like spring
I hear a lot of preachin’ and singin’
About the coming of a king
I don’t wonder why and I don’t have to try,
It’s very clear to me
I can almost smell the heavenly flowers
And it’s beginning to feel like spring
Verse 1:
People are beginning to put their winter cloths away,
Their putting on the garments of praise
The birds don’t stay here when the winter time is near
Sometime your gonna find me gone
But while I’m here I’ll bid you come along
Verse 2:
My great grandma on her dyeing bed
Was still happy as we could see
And though she wasn’t well in body,
She was close to eternity
She said, “Son it’s the middle of December
O but that don’t matter to me
I just felt a warm breeze from heaven
And it’s beginning to feel like spring
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley 
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment