Thursday, January 26, 2017

CLOTHED BY LOVE / Love's Clothing



This is the 4th of 5 devotions and music videos
with the theme
from Galatians 5:22
"The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Love”
"Our Love For One Another"

CLOTHED BY LOVE
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from Colossians 3:12; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

"Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves,
you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
You must make allowance for each other's faults
and forgive the person who offends you.
And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love.
Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony."

When you remember that you have put on the garments of tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience and love in the morning, love enters your heart as you clothe yourself with these attributes. Then at key times during the day, the love that you "put on" earlier calms you down. Other times, it inspires you and instructs you to make right decisions. This is what it means to walk with God. We allow him to dress us in the morning and we walk with his garments on all day.

When you put on your clothes in the morning, you make your choice and put it on. We do the same with God’s clothing. We make a choice to allow God to clothe us in love that day. When we spend time with Him in the morning, he clothes us in his attire.

When someone is very rude or hateful and I have on the clothing of love, I can say, “this is one for whom Christ died,” and I feel love for them. The person who is in prison for murdering someone is one for whom Christ died. The clothing of love gives me compassion and I see them through the eyes of love.

When I have on the garments of love, it is like a bullet proof vest. The enemy’s darts cannot go through. Offense bounces off of my garment of love. Rudeness hits my garment of love and falls away.

Father, clothe me this morning with your presence. I put on your love.

© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by Rebecca Cooley


LOVE’S CLOTHING
(Adapted from Colossians 3:12; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse: 
I get up every morning 
And get down on my knees
That’s the only way to start a day, 
I say Lord, I love You
And I keep Your love command
To love the Lord my God
With all my heart and soul and mind
And to love my neighbor 
Even as my self
Chorus: 
Cloth yourselves with love 
Like a garment,
Say this is one 
For whom Christ died
Attribute to them 
The greatest value
God loves them and so do I
This is one for whom Christ died
© LoveWalkMusic
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment