Monday, January 23, 2017

9 GALLONS / 9 FRUIT / Heavenly River


This is the 1st of 5 devotions 
with the theme from Galatians 5:22
“The Fruit Of The Spirit Is Love
"Our Love 4 One Another"



9 GALLONS / 9 FRUIT
by 
Kent Cooley

(Adapted from Galatians 5:22; 1 Corinthians 12)
Back in 1990, someone allowed me to go, by myself, to a cottage, in the mountains of North Carolina, to fast and pray. I went there for nine days. I took my bible, concordance, some changes of cloth, my shaving kit and nine gallons of distilled water. With a marker, I wrote on each gallon of water, love on one, joy on another, peace on another and on and on, until I had 9 gallons of water, each one having the name of a fruit of the Spirit; Love, Joy, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness and Goodness, Faith, Meekness and Temperance. Every day I drank one of those gallons of water as my only nourishment. Each day I read every scripture on the fruit that I was focusing on that day and I thanked God for that fruit of the Spirit manifesting in my life. By the end of each day I received a divine impartation or stirring up of this fruit. I left that place of fasting and prayer much stronger concerning the 9 fruits of the Spirit. Even now 20 years later I am much stronger and much more capable concerning the fruit of the Spirit than I was before the nine day fast of 1990.

The next ten weeks are going to continue with the nine fruit of the Spirit based on the same premise of the fast of 1990. My prayer for you is that you would be rooted and grounded and developed in the fruit of the Spirit which are all attributes of love.

The song I am sharing with you today is the song that I composed in that cabin in Ashville, NC in 1990 during this personal focus on the fruit of the Spirit.


© LoveWalkPublishing
Authored by
KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved



HEAVENLY RIVER
Devotion: 9 Gallons / 9 Fruit
(Adapted from Galatians 5:22; 1 Corinthians 12)
Verse 1
The Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy and Peace,
Long Suffering, Gentleness and Goodness,
Faith and Meekness and Temperance,
That’s my kind since I’m the branches
And Jesus is the vine
Chorus
I’m planted by a heavenly river,
Bringing forth heavenly fruit
Seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
The heavenly gifts of the Spirit
Are manifesting in my life
Since He took away my sins
And I was born again
God gives me heaven to go to heaven in
Verse 2
The Spirit gives the Word of Wisdom,
The Word of Knowledge
And to another Faith,
Prophecy, Discerning of Spirits,
Gifts of Healing
And the Working Of Miracles,
Diverse Kinds of Tongues
And to another the Interpretation
© LoveWalkMusic WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment