Monday, November 21, 2016

WordsAndTones / AllOfMyMurmuring

This is the 1st of 4 devotions 
with the theme of
"Thanksgiving"


WORDS And TONES 
What is complaining?  To complain is to speak critical, fault finding words of disapproval.       What is murmuring?  Murmuring is a sound!  You can murmur without speaking a single intelligible word.  So I should not only be careful of what I am saying but I should be equally paying close attention to the tone in which I am speaking.  

Someone can say words of approval with a disapproving tone and it turns the approving status into a tone of sarcasm.   Another person may speak words of respect with a disrespectful tone and the respectful words turn into a resentment of authority.  Words of complaining and tones of murmuring should never, ever be on the lips of a believer who is developed in love. 

Paul, in his teaching to the Philippians and to us, leaves no loop hole, no exception for murmuring and complaining under any circumstances in the life of a believer. 

"Do all things without murmurings and disputing,
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, 
without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, 
among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

Father, purge my lips from the critical, fault finding words of disapproval.  I cast down the thoughts that produce the tones that give place to the devil.  I will offer thanksgiving unto you with a grateful heart.  I give You thanks always for all things.   

© LoveWalkPublishing Devotion by KentCliffordCooley / All Rights Reserved




ALL OF OUR MURMURING
(Luke 17:12-19) 
Verse 1:  
It was my way of living / I didn't even realize I was doing it / 
Murmuring and complaining was my way of living until I learned the value of thanksgiving
Chorus:
 All of our murmuring, grumbling and complaining does not do us any good (repeat) 
We should do all things without murmuring & without disputing, showing ourselves to be the children of God.  
Bridge:
There is a tone that opens the gates of hell / It is the tone of murmuring 
There is a sound that opens the windows of heaven / It is the sound of Thanksgiving

© LoveWalkMusic Words and Music by KentCliffordCooley   


No comments:

Post a Comment