Wednesday, October 4, 2017

THE INVITATION / Come Unto Me

This is the 1st of 1 devotions with the theme
"The Feast Of Tabernacles"


The Invitation
by
Rebecca Cooley

(Adapted from John 5:40, 7:37; Matthew 11:28; 1 Corinthians 13:5)

“You search and investigate 
and pore over the Scriptures diligently
because you suppose 
and trust that you have eternal life through them.
And these very Scriptures testify about Me!
And still you are not willing, but refuse to come to Me
so that you might have life.”

Within this rebuke was a subtle invitation to come to Jesus. If they would listen to the words of the Master, they would hear again and again this invitation.

Come unto me,
all you that labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.”

Still another time, on a day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying,

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.”

Father, forgive me for being religious and not coming to You just as I am with my burdens, my issues and my concerns. I choose to come now and roll all of my care over on You. I will obey Your voice and come unto You.


COME UNTO ME
(Adapted from Isaiah 42:3, 53:5; John 5:40, 7:37; Matthew 11:28; 1 Corinthians 13:5)
Verse 1:
There’s nothing so strong as gentleness
There’s nothing so gentle as real strength
There’s no one so gentle or strong as the One
Called the lowly Nazarene
Chorus:
Come unto me; Come unto me
When the storm clouds rise
Feel the rain come down
And the strong wind blows
Hear the thunder role
There is an answer, Jesus said, Come unto me
Verse 2:
A bruised reed shall He not break
A smoking flax shall He not quench
The wounded spirit He mends with His love
And rekindles the fire again
Verse 3:
He was wounded for our transgressions
And bruised for our iniquities
He’s a man with sorrows acquainted with grief
He can feel your infirmities
Verse 4:
For I am meek and lowly apart
And you shall find rest for your souls
My yoke is easy; My burden is light
How I long to make you whole
©WordsAndMusic by MikeShreve
www.shreveministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment