Friday, April 14, 2017

Search For Leaven / Fellowship Begins

The 5th day of“Pesach”
"The Feast Of Unleavened Bread"





Search For Leaven
by
Kent Clifford Cooley

(Adapted from Exodus 12:15-20; 1 Corinthians 5:7-8)


During the feast of unleavened bread there is a tradition called “The search for leaven” in which the father will cut a piece of bread in twelve pieces and hide the pieces of leavened bread in different places throughout the house. All the lights will be turned off and everyone will look for the pieces with flash lights. While we are doing this we will ask God to shine His light on any leaven (sin) in our lives. When all 12 pieces are found, they will be placed in a little sack. The following evening of the Feast of Unleavened Bread we will build a little camp fire or light up the grill. We will gather together with the sack of leaven, bow our heads in quiet meditation concerning the leaven (sin) in our lives. And after this we will throw the leaven into the fire.

I do not believe that God was concerned about the leaven in the houses of the Israelites during the feast of unleavened bread. I do believe that God was concerned about the leaven in their hearts.
Father, shine your light on the leaven in my heart. I will confess my leaven to You and You are faithful to cleanse me from all kinds of leaven and bring me back into fellowship with You.

© LoveWalkPublishing 
Devotion Authored by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved





FELLOWSHIP BEGINS
(Adapted from Exodus 12:15-20; 1 Corinthians 5:7-8)
Verse
If we confess our sins, He is faithful
If we confess our sins,
He is just to forgive and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness
Chorus
I’m not in denial anymore
Shine Your light on my sins
One by one I’m confessing all of them
This is where fellowship begins
Ending
This is where my love walk begins
In fellowship with You
As I walk in the light You are in the light
This is where fellowship, fellowship, fellowship,
Fellowship begins
© LoveWalkMusic 
WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley
AllRightsReserved

No comments:

Post a Comment