Tuesday, January 10, 2017

THE ROD OF LOVE /TheLawOfLove



This is the 2nd of 4 devotions with the theme
Love Is Our Highest Priority

THE ROD OF LOVE
by Rebecca Cooley
(Matthew 22:38-40; 1Corinthians 13:13)
Picture in your mind a huge, very long curtain rod. Written across the rod is the word, LOVE. Now picture shades pulled down with words written on the shades. You pull down a shade and see the word, PEACE. Another shade reveals the word, JOY; another PROSPERITY; another HEALING and another DELIVERANCE. You pull down hundreds of shades with words that you are sure are inside the will of the Father. Each shade hangs on the rod of LOVE. Love connects all of the things that are written on the shades to God. Every one of them hangs on the rod of love. If the shade does not hang on the rod of love, it is useless.
Father, I want to appropriate the nature of Your Son and be like Him. I want to develop Your love in my life. I want to practice love and pull from the rod of love for the things I need and the things I see that other people need and expect them to manifest. I want to see Your goodness and Your glory in my life. You are love. Your commandment of love is my foundation and the rod that connects your promises to my life.
Child, my greatest and most important commandment is to love Me with all your heart and soul. I am the root of love. Love me with your intellect and your emotions, with everything inside of you and then put that love into practice by loving people. These two commandments sum up every prophecy. All the law and the prophets hang on the law of love.


LAW OF LOVE
Devotion: The Rod of Love
(Matthew 22:38-40; 1 Corinthians 13:13)
Verse
Teacher. Which commandment is the greatest,
The most important?
Some commandments are light,
Which commandments are heavy?
Jesus answered
Chorus
Love the Lord your God with all your heart
With all your mind
With all your might
With all your strength
Love your neighbor even as yourself
Every good and perfect gift
Every law, every prophecy
Hangs on the law of love
©LoveWalkPublishing Words and Music by KentCliffordCooley
Devotion by RebeccaAnnCooley

No comments:

Post a Comment