Sunday, August 18, 2013


This is the first of seven devotions with the theme 

"The Word Of God" 

Because God loved us 
He gave us 
His inspired Word 
to reveal Himself to us through His Word. 

(Adapted from John 7)

I was there that day when the temple guards returned and they had not arrested Jesus like they were sent to do. The priests were angry and demanded why they did not bring him in.

“We have never heard anyone speak like this man!”

The other soldiers and I had heard first hand this man speak and I was captivated by his every word. I could not get his words out of my mind. The Pharisees accused us of being led astray by a man with a curse. His own brothers mocked him and spoke curses over him. People everywhere were grumbling about him. No one wanted to speak of him favorably because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. They accused him of being a fraud and a deceiver.

Even though I am afraid of the priests and the law, I just haven’t been able to get this man’s words out of my head. I think his beautiful words may have already been transferred to my heart. I will never be the same.

“My message is not my own;
it comes from God who sent me.
Anyone who wants to do the will of God
will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own.”
. . . . . .
“Yes, you know me, and you know where I come from.
But I’m not here on my own.
The one who sent me is true, and you don’t know him.
But I know him because I come from him, and he sent me to you.”
. . . . . .
“Anyone who is thirsty may come to me!
Anyone who believes in me may come and drink!
‘Rivers of living water can flow from your heart.’”

Father, I receive every word of Jesus as beautiful words transferred straight to my heart. Let every word penetrate my heart and my soul and change me to be like Him.

© LoveWalkPublishing RebeccaCooley

(Adapted from John 7)
I didn’t know that I was standing
Before the hope of Israel
I didn’t know that I was listening
To the one of whom the prophets foretold
All I could say and just keep saying
As I returned to my home
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
Beautiful words, wonderful words of life
Bridge 1:
Falling from the lips of mercy like the sweetest chime,
Wonderful the words of Jesus
Captivated, mesmerized
Bridge 2:
Never a man spake like this man (4X)
© LoveWalkPublishing WordsAndMusic by KentCliffordCooley